Practice Makes Perfect (2015) [click to visit IMDB page]
Paul Brokovich (Michael Malkiewicz) is an english teacher by day and a stand up comedian by night. Unfortunately Paul’s interest in becoming a recognized comic greatly outweighs his desire to educate the struggling students of his summer school class at Parkins’ Regional High. His indecisiveness to stick to one career path leads Paul to no longer view his classroom as a place of learning, but a crowd to test potential stage material. As a result, Paul’s job as a teacher falls into jeopardy and it’s up to him to pick up the pieces before facing unemployment and isolation from his family and friends. Practice Makes Perfect also stars Jayme Karales, Alex Hand, Ken Dereste Dorcely, Levar Burton, and Jack Viera as the voice of radio personality Billy Beantown.
Practice Makes Perfect is based on the upcoming ThatLitPress novella of the same name, written by Jayme Karales—the film’s screenwriter and director. Karales’ first novel Disorderly was published in 2013 by Before Sunrise Press and his second novel Clever Animals will be released later this year.
Karales, along with Executive Producer Joel Amat Güell, formed UnHollywood Films—a two man production company for independent cinema. Practice Makes Perfect will be the first film released under the UnHollywood banner.
Only one month ago the cast and crew met and shot a significant portion of the movie, which was funded out of pocket by the crew. However due to budget and time restrictions we didn’t complete filming in its entirety and had to miss out on shooting a number of crucial scenes. We thought it would be better to resume filming when we could put forth the proper funds to shoot the scenes, rather than rush and cheapen what was left and have the film come out half-baked. Unfortunately, without this Kickstarter, that may take a very long time. So we’re looking to the public to help fund these crucial portions of the film and the movie’s post-production.
With your help we’ll be able to finance the following:
- location rentals (booking a school for multiple days of filming does not come cheap—nor do bars or cafes)
- production insurance
- props and set decoration
- lighting equipment rental
- sound, and audio mastering
- transportation to Boston, MA., Atlantic City, NJ, and Philadelphia, PA. (the filming locations)
- post production
- DVDs, Blu-Rays, and other rewards
- and more
Funding Practice Makes Perfect not only means helping a movie meet its completion, but jumpstarting UnHollywood Films and its future as a leading provider of independent film.
For a limited time only you can earn unique rewards, such as:
- a Producer / Executive Producer credit
- tickets to the premiere
- signed merchandise and film props
- a speaking role in the film
- your company/brand’s commercial filmed by the director and cast
- an advanced copy of the upcoming novella which the film is based on
- having your script written by the film’s screenwriter
- a visit to the set
- naming a character after yourself or a loved one
- receiving writing criticism/advice from a novelist
- and more
Pledge now and claim the rewards while they last.